Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oh, the drama

So, again I'm using this blog for my original intended purpose, the vent about my life and issues that come up sometimes on a daily basis.

If someone suddenly will not look you in the eye, speak to you or acknowledge you exist one day and the day before was offering to help you with a project... would you say that was odd?? Yea, me too.

Chick at work, who always pushes herself into every other department's projects attempted to push her way (successfully because my boss doesn't have a set of balls to tell this lady no) one of my projects and I simply refused her help. Not directly, not indirectly. She asked me to let her know if I needed her help... I didn't need her help (because I can do my job all by myself, I'm a big girl) so I never asked her. Apparently, that pissed her off. Four days now she has not spoken to me.

Never a day has passed for a year in which she didn't ask me to walk outside with her while she smoked on her break and shoot the breeze. Albeit while I'm outside with her she did nothing but bitch non-stop about someone in the office, her husband or some other poor member of her household. In her mind, she knows how to handle everything the best way possible and everyone else isn't doing things right.

But really, it's been very nice not having to converse with this crazy person. I feel a lot better at work. She is two cubicles over and I haven't had to worry about her bullsh*t... It's great.

What I'm trying to figure out about this person is if she's just that unhappy with her life that she has to feel important and take over other people's projects and jobs... she's done this with several other people and been successful. Essentially talking the ball-less boss into giving her segments of other people's work because those other people aren't doing things right.

Amazing. This is truly one of the reasons I changed my college degree major from communications to education. Can't wait til I'm out.

Should I break the ice with her? Or let her continue being childish? It's kind of funny, because it's no sweat off my back. Other people are oblivious to her ways, but I've figured her out. Part of me wants to call her out on how she operates, but it's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment