Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My husband is great....

My husband is great.  He's my solid rock that balances my crazy, wild tendency to quit my goals and scurry off into a corner and hide when things get hard.

Often, I want to quit college and quit working and just quit whatever it is that I'm doing because it's hard or difficult or painful or not going my way. Whichever the reason, I am just a habitual quitter. Sunday, laying in the floor of our dining room while he was taking apart something (pretty typical around our house) I told him I wanted to quit college. He said okay, whatever I wanted to do, but very gently and diplomatically reminded me while I started college in the first place. I somehow had forgotten I had started school for self satisfaction. The pressure at the end of school to go to college was tremendous. All my friends did it, why didn't I? In fact, all my friends went beyond the Bachelor's degree and have Masters. I have a GED. Nice.

So dammit. The husband was right, I was giving up on me. Again. I always give up on me. I can't do that. I have that I do that. Why do I do that? some weird childhood thing? Dunno. Nonetheless. Husband helped me put college back into perspective for me and he's incredible. Love him, love him, love him. Hopefully I am just as supportive and good for him as he is good for me.

2 comments:

  1. Aww...Congrats to you. I know what you mean though...I do the same thing, I quit on myself. Hopefully I'll find someone to help me with that like you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully through life I can learn to not quit on myself... without the hubby's help. It's not something I've ever verbalized before but now that I have, I realize I let myself down. Know what I mean? We have to learn how not to quit on ourselves first.

    ReplyDelete