Monday, September 14, 2009

Transformation

Today I had a refreshing thing happen to me. As I was pulling back up to work in my personal car after meeting a wrestler from the 1970's WWF era (long story) I thought I kept hearing something wrong with my car, like something was scraping.

It so happens our office is being re-stuccoed (that a word?) and there were workers outside the building. An older Hispanic man started pointing at my car underneath and was telling me something is very broken English. I looked where he was pointing and saw a HUGE piece of plastic had come loose and was dragging. This very kind man laid down on the concrete and helped me pull out the piece of plastic. Another worker also came over to help. WOW! That was so refreshing, so very simple to many people but it was the moment of kindness that I needed. I couldn't stop smiling at these two gentlemen for what they did for me. They truly were gentlemen.


Seriously, lately I have been one crabby ass chick. Nothing has made me happy, I have spent hundreds if not a thousand dollars on clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry, sunglasses but nothing has made me happy in the last six weeks!!! I have posted about how I hate my job, my boss, my co-worker... you name it I bitched about it. (sorry for the negative vibes) Not to mention my hormones were completely whacked out. hadn't had a cycle in fifty days! Geez, no wonder I'm all effed up.

So, today I'm going through my normal "I hate my boss" routine and it hits me as I'm looking at my bank account which is exceptionally low, lower than I normally let it go but I got "shop crazy" the past fifty days... So it hits me. It hits me that I have THE best job I have EVER had, making more money that I know what to do with and I'm considering pissing it away for what? To prove a point that my boss in an immature idiot? I've figured that out already. I know he's a nimcompoop, I know he's not qualified for his job, but what does that have to do with me and my happiness? I realized today I need to be thankful for what I have. I normally avoid saying cheesy ass lines like this but, I am blessed. I have everything I need and then some.

I am changing my attitude slowly but surely. I think I'm getting back on track to the smart ass, whitty humored girl I normally am, just viewing life from a laid back perspective. Kind of like in the picture above of me and my husband in Hawaii on our honeymoon in May. Good times, good times.

And, plus if I quit this great paying job we can't buy the perfect house that we've found and I couldn't shop as much as I like and things would be very different, putting a lot of stress on my husband... all because of my temper tantrums!

No comments:

Post a Comment