Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Today, I am less sore than yesterday even though I ran for 2.2 miles last night. My son went with me, which was funny because my pace is really slow right now and he is really fast from being in basketball. it's like the turtle and the hare. Yep, you guessed it, I'm the turtle. BUT I was able to run longer than his little fast legs did! Endurance baby!

Still tracking my food intake everyday, which previously before I started this trek seemed like a daunting task that weighed me down and tied me to realization that I can't eat certain foods. I have changed that attitude. Before I made my mind up that I am vehemently determined to lose weight I was have atrocious stomach pain after eating every day and every single meal. It was horrible. Since I started eating veggies, fruits, whole grain foods... guess what? no stomach pain. In fact, everything is 'regular' again if you catch my drift.

I thought I was going to be thrown for a loop this week when I was invited to a luncheon at work to celebrate all September work anniversaries. We are going to a new restaurant in town, which would really put me to the test in resisting really fattening foods. Thank goodness they have a menu online and I have been able to find what I will eat on Friday. It actually sounds very good: poached salmon salad with lemon poppy dressing. And healthy! I should be able to stick within my WW points and not feel guilty or hungry either!

This weekend however might prove a test. Hubby and I are meeting friends for a burger and beer bash. Great! not really. I have already bought MDG 64 for me to drink. I don't care if it tastes like piss water instead of beer, that's what I'm drinking. I'm getting some fresh lime and we're gonna make it happen. As for the burger, I will try to eat before hand and get full enough to not eat too much crap!
Now, if I could just resist the temptation to smoke while I have a beer in the other hand. It seems to go together, doesn't it? A cigarette and a beer, they are lovers and must be together. I need to keep in perspective that I'm a runner now, I can't smoke casually on weekends. Nope, can't do it.

4 comments:

  1. I love restaurants that post their menus. It does make life easier.

    I have to admit, I've started WW and the food diary portion is killing me. Today, I calculated the points for a salad with chopped roasted chicken, 1/2 avocado, some bacon bits, veggies, croutons a bit of blue cheese and dressing. I limited the quantities, thinking I'm being good and HOLY MOLEY the # of points was insane.

    To me, a food diary is a good wake up call.

    I hope I get to where you're at and stop dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on WW for several years, on and off being terribly unfaithful to the program. I'd go on for about two days and get sick of it and go off making up crazy excuses about why I can't do it. None of them legit.

    Finally, I ordered a pair of pants online that I've always worn in the size I've always worn and they would not fit and would barely go over my hips. It was horrible. That was my breaking point. Well, it was my breaking point after I got mad at myself for a few days and then decided that I have control.

    I do tracking online with WW and I also bought a book to keep in my purse everywhere I go to keep track. I have to do it or I will quit doing WW completely and that means I'll be fat.

    It's a hard, hard journey. I read several weight loss blogs about women who are just 'real' about their struggles. That helps me. Roni's Weigh is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever tried WASA bread/crackers? Okay yeah- it's a cracker. A big cracker. I eat them with cottage cheese (fat free). It's a bit sodium-y... but meh... it works. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried the WASA bread but I've heard of it. I live in rural America so getting pita bread is difficult here. I usually get good stuff like that when I travel to Dallas or OKC. such is life! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete