Thursday, June 24, 2010

The countdown begins!

Three weeks from tomorrow I will have my daughter! I'm nervous, excited and anxious all wrapped up in one emotion. Since I am a scheduled c-section, we got to pick our daughter's birthday, which is kind of neat, but also takes some of the fun out of the mystery of having a baby as well. I don't really have a choice about the c-section, since my son was delivered via emergency c-section, I'm probably going to always be a repeat c-section. Good point about having surgery... no labor! yay!

Her nursery isn't quite ready for her to be here, however. Hubby painted her room a pretty shade of pink, but it turned out more purplish because the family that owned this house before painted the room a dark purple. So the walls clash with her bedding and all the decorations I have for her room. Don't think the hubby will repaint for me. Might have to deal with it and paint it one day during maternity leave.

This is the bedding I picked out for her. Baby bedding apparently is the industry to be in, because this stuff is expensive, let me tell you! I was shocked, absolutely shocked when finding a beautiful set at Babies R Us that I could spend $150 and just get three pieces for the bed! OMG! I just couldn't part with that much money for something she will sleep in for about a year. So I settled on the below and let me tell ya, ebay is the way to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment