Sunday, June 27, 2010

Die hard soda fan

As I sit here drinking my apple juice, I've reached an realization. I haven't had a soda in about three or four days. No reason, just haven't had one. Have had hot tea or coffee in the morning for my daily buzz, then after that I drink water or whatever else is around.

So here's the realization part: sodas make me tired! They make me bloat and swell and Lord knows I don't need help in the swelling department being 9 months pregnant!

All this is fine and good and sounds fantastic... dropping sodas is good for my health. The only reason I started drinking them again was because initially in my pregnancy coffee really turned my stomach, so I switched to soda for my jolt for the day. And it just kept going, I didn't revert back to coffee once I was able to get past the initial uneasy stomach part of my pregnancy.

BUT... But, but... I love soda. It tastes so good. Right now there are three Strawberry Fantas, two Ginger Ales and a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper sitting in my fridge.... very cold and they stare at me every time I open the door. The sound of the top popping, the fizz of the carbonation, the feeling as you take that first drink... there is nothing like it. (ok, except maybe beer) *sigh*

Let's get to the real reason I felt compelled to post this... I feel great! My swelling is not as prevalent and this morning I was able to put on tennis shoes. Tennis shoes, people! I am 9 months pregnant, swell like a walrus, it's the end of June and I was able to put on tennis shoes. Like the ones I wore prior to getting pregnant. This is a significant event! Do I equate all of these great things to not drinking soda? Yes, I do. Absolutely. I'm sure the lack of carbonated beverages in my diet has helped my swelling somewhat and feeling so stinking good... it just has to be.

I will try to banish soda from my diet. I will try to make soda a treat on a very rare occassion and opt for the less carbonate more nutrious beverages. I need to start making those decisions now, so I can breast feed my baby safely and lose this baby weight as soon as she arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment