Monday, June 21, 2010

Manners, people, manners!

I think I've mentioned that I'm 8 1/2 months pregnant and it's the start of summer, which makes me (at times) a very irritable lady. Understandably, right? I'm in the process of moving and I'm pregnant, totally sucks.

Lately, it has come to my attention the complete lack of patience and manners on behalf of those non-pregnant individuals in the world around me. At first, when being run over by a young kid in Walmart was no big deal, I just thought nothing of it. BUT, as I am bombarded constantly by people walking in front of me, cutting me off in line at Walmart and being just down right disrespectful to me, I have to call foul! FOUL!

I'm not asking for everyone to move out of my way because I'm pregnant and give me the red carpet treatment, but I am asking for common courtesy. I have a heavy load. Don't cut in front of me walking down the aisle at the store, don't try to race me to the checks out or to get out of the store and for God's sake, say "excuse me" if you happen to do any of the above.

And this shouldn't apply to just pregnant people, this should apply all the time. Always say thank you, always excuse yourself, always let the other person go first... it works a lot better that way! In fact, it makes you feel better about yourself. Manners shouldn't be used when a pregnant or elderly person appears, it should be for all people. Seriously, let's get some manner people!

No comments:

Post a Comment