Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Best medicine


Today's writing prompt, courtesy of the One-Minute Writer: besides laughter, what is the best medicine?

That is seriously difficult, because there is nothing like a child's genuine laugh, it is refreshing, beautiful and enlightening.

Flowers are great medicine for the soul. Receiving a bouquet of flowers can refresh love, feelings and even hope in times of despair.
I have a flower garden in front of our house which I've planted morning glories, gladioulas and freesias. My favorite flower is gladioulas by far because of their large blossoms and simple elegance.

I fell in love with them while dining at Macaroni Grill in Dallas, Texas. They always have white glads in a huge vase and the sheer elegance the flowers cast on the restaurant is amazing.

So I have huge pods of them planted in my front yard. Once they start to bloom (and I weed the bed a little more) I'll take picutres and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment