Thursday, July 30, 2009

Coming home

My twelve year old son has been away for the summer for two entire months, which is also known as an eternity for me, his beloved mother. Husband and I got married May 30th, went to Hawaii right after and the kiddo went with my parents to their home in Dallas and also to the sperm donors parents house as well. The sperm donor lives in another state and calls the kiddo about once a quarter, doesn't pay child support, all-around loser... you get the picture?

I'm very okay with the kiddo going to the sperm donor grandparents house because I know he will eat, get a bath at least twice a week and play an overload of video games. (When I say sperm donor, I really don't mean an anonymous person that donated sperm to score a six pack of beer in college... I mean the ex-husband that doesn't care about his child but only sees him at the urging of his parents).

Tomorrow morning my mother, little sister and the kiddo leave Dallas for the 8 hour trek to Oklahoma and I am beside myself with glee. I positively, absolutely cannot wait to set eyes on my son. I have missed him so much it's unbelievable. I think I was clinically depressed over the summer without him. 4th of July sucked without him. Every weekend sucked; every day sucked.

And as usual, I haven't cleaned the house in preparation for the company coming for the extended weekend. SO, I have a huge list of things to clean tonight when I get home. But hey, I work better under pressure. Really, I do. I had all week to do all these things, but had no deadline, so now that they will be here tomorrow, I'm ready to clean!

I know I'm not alone in the 'better under pressure' thing. Right?

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely not!

    I always work much better under pressure (particularly when I hate what I have to do).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that's such good news for you...

    your son is lucky to have a sweet Mom like you.

    You are certainly not alone in the 'better under pressure' thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly what it is @ LittleMsBlogger... I don't enjoy cleaning, I love the by-product of the clean house, but really don't enjoy cleaning. Ho-hum.

    Good news is, the hubby actually helped clean last night. I think he felt guilty while I cleaned and he and the dog held the couch down.

    ReplyDelete