Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Lack of dedication


Lately I haven't been very dedicated to my school work. I am in college on a part-time basis pursuing my degree in communications... and quite frankly I haven't done all I should to make this degree something I will benefit from. I tend to not read the required chapters and fuddle my way through assignments. But seriously, I have a 96 in both of my classes right now, so how bad can it be?
I mean I've been in PR for about a year and before that I wasn't fully in a PR position, but I was doing PR in my mind for every company I ever worked for. So I feel I know my stuff! A little too heady of me to say? I don't know.

ANYHOW. I am now dedicating myself to reading the chapters required for my communications class. Not necessarily for the science class or other BS class I have to take towards my degree. Currently taking nutrition... trust me ... it's not as cool as it sounds. It's basic stuff you pretty much already knew.

Oh yea.. my motiviation for this renewed tenacity for learning? My employer will not contribute towards my expenses for the degree that makes me qualified for this job... but a manager is enrolled in the same college and I'm pretty darn sure they are paying for his education. WTF? Total crap, but hey, what can I do? Can't get another job paying as well as this in my area and doing this job. I love this job!

I'm just gonna be doing a lot of chapter reading during work... because hey... it's work related!

No comments:

Post a Comment