Thursday, July 23, 2009

Start all over again

Earlier this week I wrote about my renewed dedication to college and how I want to get more out of my education that I'm paying for (brilliant idea, eh?) That's gone very well so far.

I'm back to renewing my goals for good health. Reason: It's been nagging me for weeks about how crappy I eat. I totally broke up with Dr. Pepper to take him back all over again. WHY??!?! Story of my life.

Another reason: A friend of mine last night was talking about her grandmother who is on the verge of death. As the friend and I were drinking a beer and smoking a cigarette the friend stated her g-ma was 83-84 years old... then friend then states there's no way she could personally live that long and laughed. I laughed on the outside and thought that I really DO want to live that long. That's not a questionable goal in my mind. So I need to give up the beer and the cigarettes on the weekends. It's just not helping me. Especially when I like to run for fitness... smoking doesn't quite fit into that picture.

I have bought a new Nike+ sensor for my running shoes and iPod. My goal is get up in the mornings and go for a run when it's still cool. During the peak of May and June, okay and July my excuse not to run was the heat. I haven't gone for a jog since May 6th. How pathetic.

So, I'm renewing my vow to break up with Dr. Pepper even though it's all around me, it's free in the vending machine at work, I enjoyed drinking it at 4pm everyday at work and it's stocked fully in the refrigerator... I'm tired of being unhappy with my body.

Here I go! Wish me luck! Share your personal triumphs. Diet yo-yos and issues. I'd love to be encouraged even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment